Flexible and scalable UV ballast water treatment
The BIO-SEA ‘L’ – Low Flow range is particularly well-suited for flow rates ranging from 13 to 120m3/h, ultra-compact, easy to use, reliable and competitively priced. The system components are delivered all-inclusive and can be supplied in various configurations (Modular, Split Skid or Skid versions) allowing maximum adaptability for onboard system integration. This system is suitable for OSV, PSV, Tugs, research vessels, service vessels, fishing vessels, etc.
The challenge with retrofit projects is to find a suitable location for the BWTS in an already busy engineroom. BIO-SEA by BIO-UV Group has continuously worked on reducing the footprint to eliminate the need for a cumbersome power cabinet. A BIO-SEA BWTS can fit in the most restricted of spaces.
Because every new building project is complex, finding a suitable BWTS shouldn’t be a headache. BIO-SEA BWTS was made simple: a compact plug-and-play solution for compliance and easy maintenance.
- All components (filter, UV reactor) are mounted on a platform.
- The control command and power supply cabinets are also mounted on the skid.
- The electrical and hydraulic connections are optimized to be easily connected with the vessel.
The BIO-SEA ‘L’ system
IMO & USCG approved
Non-toxic chemical free
Easy to install and use
Short delivery times
BIO-SEA by BIO-UV Group: a proven combination of quality, price and efficiency
BIO-UV Group technology
- More than 20 years of experience in UV technology for water disinfection ensuring optimum design and reliability.
- UV systems designed and manufactured in France to maintain a high level of quality and efficiency while keeping full control of the total production chain.
- Safe and sustainable solutions: chemical-free, without explosive gases, zero by-product, zero active substances and zero induced corrosion in the pipes or in the ballast tanks.
- IMO and USCG certified, tested by first-class laboratories.
- Efficient even with low water transmittance. With no holding time for fresh water.
- Made with high quality materials (titanium, copper aluminum, SMO) and marine components from reliable and recognized European suppliers, providing a robust and long-lasting BWTS.
- Full support to the ship’s crew for complete understanding of the system – from detailed documentation to tailored servicing.
- Worldwide Service team and partners remain available during and after the integration process.
- A dedicated training facility in France for ship-owners, technical superintendents, crews and other stakeholders involved in the operation of BWTS for hands-on real-operations training.
Easy to use & maintain
- Ready to use and turnkey solutions.
- Treatment process fully automatic – there is no manual intervention required: easy to operate with low maintenance, the large touch screen simplifies the HMI.
- Different communication protocols available (dry contacts, RS 485, auxiliary touch screen) can be fully integrated to all ship automation systems.
- System design reduces moving parts (as well as onboard spare parts), which results in a lower operational maintenance costs.
- UV reactors work independently, allowing the system to stay operational should one of the reactors require maintenance.